Still remember your high school algebra and writing skills? Our GED Tutoring program supports adult students working on high school completion (GED, HSED, 509) or taking classes at Madison College. Training and support are provided. Tutors are required to attend class every week, with no more than two absences during the semester. Bilingual volunteers (Spanish/English), and volunteers specializing in math are encouraged to apply!
|FALL SEMESTER 2018
(Sep 10-Dec 14)
Training: 6-8pm Wed Sept 5
|SPRING SEMESTER 2019
(Jan 22-May 4)
Training: 6-8pm Wed Jan 16
|SUMMER SEMESTER 2019
(May 28-Aug 17)
New tutors are required to attend our scheduled GED Tutor Training: 6:00-8:00pm Wednesday, Sept 5
Weekly GED Tutoring sessions are:
- Wednesdays 5:30-7:30pm at Madison College, South Campus
- Thursdays 6:00-8:00pm at Literacy Network
- Fridays 10:00am-12:00pm at Literacy Network
- Comfortable helping someone with the following high school level academic topics (materials and support will be provided): algebra & geometry, reading comprehension, essay composition, social studies, science, and civics.
- Able to share effective study and test-taking strategies.
- Mature, dependable, patient, and kind.
- Non-judgmental and interculturally sensitive.