Application: Conversation Group Partners
Looking for a fun way to connect with adults from all over the world? Literacy Network is seeking friendly and enthusiastic conversation partners to chat with adult students (we call them learners) in our weekly English Conversation Group!
Conversation group meets Wednesdays 5:00-6:30pm at Literacy Network (701 Dane St). This is a semester commitment; you must be able to attend every week, May 24-Aug 23, with no more than 2 absences.
- Work with small groups of students (3-4) to lead and facilitate conversations on given topics in English.
- Help students with vocabulary, pronunciation, word usage, and other mechanics of conversing in English.
- Assist the conversation group supervisor with other tasks or activities as needed.
- Fluency in English (all conversation is done in English)
- Experience working with English language learners
- Punctual, reliable, and adaptable to different learners' levels and learning/communication skills
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Must be attend every Wednesday the entire semester
- Must attend training our one-hour training before semester starts
This is a English immersion group; volunteers should expect to speak English only. Volunteers must be able to follow instructions from the instructor, who will plan topics and materials for each conversation group. If you are interested in a position in this program, please complete the form below. FIELDS WITH BLUE HEADINGS ARE REQUIRED. Demographic information is required but does not affect your qualification as a volunteer; we are merely required to provide (anonymous) demographic information of our volunteers to our funding agencies.
Completing an application does not guarantee you a spot in our program; your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted within a few weeks. Thank you for applying to tutor with Literacy Network!
Please complete all required fields.