Posted: 1/5/2018 9:24 AM
This position is the primary contact for management of finances, facility maintenance and contracts. Literacy Network is a widely respected organization providing adult English language instruction programs in collaboration with schools, businesses, libraries and other community partners. Our programs help adult learners improve their employment, understand the school system, become more involved in their children's education, and establish literacy as an integral aspect of families' home lives.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employee Status: Regular full-time hourly employee, eligible for Literacy Network's benefits package (healthcare and dental; competitive PTO; 403(b) retirement plan)
Schedule: 36.5 working hours per week. Monday - Thursday; some evening availability may be required.
Financial Management (35%)
• Prepare budget information for grants and reports in collaboration with management
• Verify accuracy of invoices and assign grant codes for payment; collect and match invoices, purchase orders and shipping documentation
• Enter invoices into accounting system, print checks and send to vendors; track unpaid invoices
• Create and track invoices for fee-for-service contracts in collaboration with program managers
• Track and record employee credit card payments and appropriately code expenses
• Prepare journal entries for income and expenses
• Ensure systems alignment between donor database and accounting software
• Prepare monthly financial reports for review by executive director and finance committee
• Maintain chart of accounts and provide all necessary financial reports for funders
• Track all fixed assets and depreciation costs
• Prepare documents for annual audit and manage the audit
• Ensure compliance with all external financial reporting requirements including governmental and grant reports
• Serve as liaison with Board finance committee
• Serve as liaison with banking, insurance, investment manager and other financial services providers
Office management (30%)
• Develop and administer building and grounds maintenance contacts
• Manage all service contracts for all office equipment, serve as primary liaison for technical support on computers
• Order office supplies and building maintenance materials
• Serve as primary contact with tenant regarding repairs or building issues
• Resolve concerns regarding repairs, security, deliveries, and maintenance
• Issue entrance fobs to employees and tenants and maintains extra building keys
• Maintain electronic security system
• Manage basic agency information on website and phone system
Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits (30%)
• Prepare welcome letter and benefits packet for new employees
• Coordinate collection and entry of health benefits forms and retirement forms for all eligible employees
• Provide orientation and collect forms from new employees and interns
• Manage deductions for retirement, health insurance, and other benefits
• Support program directors in creation of new position descriptions
• Administer new payroll entry
• Prepare exit paperwork for terminating employees
• Collect and verify all employee expense reimbursement requests
• Help as needed with office coverage, flexibility in scheduling to respond to questions.
The following skills and attributes are preferred:
• Proven commitment to Literacy Network's mission.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in financial management, business and/or related field or significant work experience in the field.
• Experience or familiarity with non-profit financial management.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and flexibility.
• Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills; excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
• Strong professional writing skills.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks.
• Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for working with people and improving their lives.
This summary describes typical duties and responsibilities and does not limit Literacy Network from evaluating, changing, or assigning other work as desired. Literacy Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strongly believes it benefits from the perspectives and talents of a racially and culturally diverse staff.
Applications are due by Friday, February 9th at 1pm.