Student Services and Office Coordinator
Posted: 12/11/2017 2:59 PM Closes: 1/29/2018 11:59 PM
Department: Student Services
Salary Range: $15/hour
The Student Services and Office Coordinator is a bilingual (English-Spanish) part-time employee who provides primary office coverage, is responsible for student retention and outreach calls, and organizes office supplies.
Available Shifts: 5:00-8:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Start Date: Monday, January 29th
The coordinator's primary responsibilities are:
- Primary Front Desk Coverage and Student Support - 60%
Student Support and Outreach - 25%
- Greet and interact with guests, volunteers, learners and staff in a friendly, professional manner
- Answer phone calls using a multi-line phone system. Direct phone calls to appropriate staff
- Provide information about Literacy Network programs and services
- Solve problems in an efficient and friendly manner
- Direct questions to appropriate staff
Office Coordination - 15%
- Make recruitment calls and reminder calls for programs
- Work with program directors to provide mentorship and encouragement to students
- Assist with agency-wide survey
- Coordinate room bookings for classes and in-services
- Request and distribute office supplies and textbooks
- Maintain organization of shared work spaces (supply closet, printing and textbook areas, etc)
- Help with library circulation and organization
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a passion and a commitment to community education, and to helping build connections among learners and the Dane County community.
The successful applicant will work well in multicultural teams and with diverse constituencies. S/he will be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be able to handle several projects at one time. S/he will have good judgment and, ideally, a sense of humor.
The following skills and attributes are required:
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on delegated tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Word, Excel, Google Drive, and database entry skills
- Experience working with adults from diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to Literacy Network's mission; interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for working with people and improving their lives
- Bilingual/bicultural applicants and Literacy Network students strongly encouraged to apply!
This position description offers guidelines for the employee, however in no way limits the scope of the position nor limits opportunities for expansion of the duties and responsibilities of the employee.
Literacy Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strongly believes it benefits from the perspectives and talents of a racially and culturally diverse staff.
To apply for the Student Services and Office Coordinator position, please submit a resume and cover letter to the address below or via this web form before 12noon Friday, January 26.
701 Dane Street
Madison WI 53713